Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Story

Braces

Chapter One

My name is Stacy Smith and I attend Sonley High School in Portland, Oregon. It is pretty here, a great place to grow up, great walking city, and plenty of things to do.

I am what you would call a loner, but I have gotten dork, nerd, loser and ugly as well. I used to have two best friends you can possibly imagine, Carly and Hannah. They were always there for me and we always had great times together. Then, Carly found out she was moving to a weird place called Truckee, California. Carly was the person in our group that held everything and everyone together. So, after she left Hannah and I and we slowly just drifted apart. This all happened near the end of our 8th grade year.

So here I was I was no friends, all alone heading of to high school scared and nervous could it get any worse? A week later in the end of July my Orthodontist answered that question in I way I wished he wouldn’t, “You’re getting full on head-gear and neck-gear.” Great just when I thought I couldn’t get any worse it got ten times worse. Now I have no friends and I to walk around with huge hunks of metal in and around my head.

It is now august and my appointment is speeding toward me. It seems the more I don’t want to get the braces the faster the date speeds toward me. I was dreading it so much crazy ideas started to form in my head… should I run away?...should I run of and join the circus? No none of these things would help. Then I started to devise ways to hide the braces…I will where hoods to hide the head-gearI will where scarves to hide the neck-gear… A week before the appointment the crazy ideas faded and I was struck with the reality that I could not avoid the braces and that I would have to deal with it.

I’m nervous and scared because tomorrow school starts……… Well, it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment